Mar 17, 2017

Emerald Green Ireland (the land of cheese, pubs, and sheep)

I love IRELAND. I fell in love with the Emerald Green Island the moment I exited Shannon Airport. How fortunate I was to meet an Irish couple on the Air Lingus flight from New York City. They were heading to Killarney just like I was and they gave me a ride in their vehicle. We drove through the lush, verdant countryside and past picture perfect towns and villages each with a pub of course. I never saw so many sheep and I lost count of them halfway to Killarney. Once in Killarney the three of us enjoyed a meal with a pint of Guinness at a cozy pub. What a lovely start to my Ireland adventure.

IRELAND, is an island on the Atlantic Ocean with so much to offer. It's the land of cheese, shamrocks and leprechauns, saints and writers, lakes and meadows, pub crawlers and musicians,  farmers and fisherman, cities and countryside, narrow roads with sheep, cows and horses grazing grass, butter and soda bread, biscuits with a cups of tea, and much more. Ireland is a friendly place and while you're visiting you might just find a pot of gold and decide to stay.




IRISH PUBS
The #1 Tourist Attraction


PUB SPOTLIGHT:


Pub is a short name for public house
The pub is a relaxing place to consume alcohol and mingle with friends
A pub is where you can become friends with a complete stranger
Irish pubs have some incredibly talented bands
Musicians who play instruments and sing display their talents in a pub
Musical entertainment is the highlight of hanging out in a pub
Pubs come in different colors, shapes, and sizes
Some of the best writers have been inspired inside Irish pubs
A pub is a wonderful place to feel at home
The best stouts and whiskeys in the world are made in Ireland 
You'll find plenty of stouts and whiskeys in an Irish pub
There are about 8,000 pubs in Ireland

It just goes to show that life inside an Irish pub is filled with good times and great opportunities.When in Ireland make it a priority to spend some time at a pub. Perhaps you'll never want to leave Ireland.


There are so many things to see and do in Ireland and the best way to get around is to hire/rent a vehicle and explore Ireland inch by inch.Since Killarney was my the first place I spent time at during my very first visit to Ireland I hold a special place for Killarney in my heart. Killarney is filled with attractions and from Killarney you can tour the Dingle Peninsula and the Ring of Kerry.


KILLARNEY is a must stop on your Ireland adventure. Killarney National Park is a treasure!

killarney.ie Visit Killarney, Ireland

No comments:

Post a Comment

Cancun, Mexico, A Sunny Destination

Today I've survived a major snowstorm that has dumped two feet of snow and brought icy road conditions, high winds, and frigid Arctic te...