Aug 21, 2018

Vegan Fudge on Mackinac Island!


Mackinac Island is famous for fudge and no trip to this lovely,magical island is complete without sampling and purchasing some fudge. I only live a couple of hours from Mackinac Island so naturally it's not difficiult for me to visit from time to time.On my last visit I was so impressed to see that fudge shops are now making vegan fudge that I decided to start making my own vegan fudge. 

Craving fudge? This recipe is so easy to make that your family and friends will think this fudge came right from beautiful Mackinac Island.




Vegan Chocolate Fudge:                      


1 can of coconut milk (13.5 ounces)
1/2 cup confectioner's sugar
3 cups of quality dark dairy free chocolate chips
1 cup of pecans or walnuts (optional)

1. Line a 8 by 8 inch square pan with parchment paper with an overhang on all sides.

2. Place the can of coconut milk in a sauce pan (If there's too much liquid be certain to drain some of it otherwise the fudge mixture won't thicken). Cook over medium heat on your stovetop. When the coconut milk begins to steam, sift in the 1/2 cup of confectioner's sugar and whisk to combine. Do not overheat.

3. Add the chocolate chips and stir until fully melted. Don't burn the chocolate. If you prefer a nutty fudge you can add 1 cup of pecans or walnuts to the mixture.

4. Pour the mixture into the prepared 8 by 8 inch pan and spread evently.

5.  Let the fudge cool for 30 to 40 minutes.

6.  Place in the refrigerator for two hours until fudge is firm.

7.  Use the parchment paper to remove the fudge from the pan then slice the fudge into squares.

8.  Keep the fudge stored in the refrigerator until ready to eat.









2 comments:

  1. Thank you Simran. I just read your comment. I appreciate your kind words.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you Simran. I just read your comment. I appreciate your kind words.

    ReplyDelete

Cancun, Mexico, A Sunny Destination

Today I've survived a major snowstorm that has dumped two feet of snow and brought icy road conditions, high winds, and frigid Arctic te...