Having recently returned from a solo journey through Morocco, Portugal, and Spain I feel so blessed that things ran so smoothly.I've learned a lot from past mistakes and now I feel that I've become quite the expert when it comes to traveling solo.
Here are a few suggestions to make your travels as easy as
A, B, C……
1) Always keep your passport in a safe place.
2) Travel light, it makes things a lot easier.
3) Learn some basic words and phrases of the country you are visiting. The locals will appreciate it.
4) Book rooms through Airbnb. Hostels are great but staying in someones personal residence makes you feel more at home. Airbnb has countless listings of places to stay throughout the world.
5) Eat meals at simple non tourist restaurants. You'll be rewarded with good food at reasonable prices.
6) Explore the bakeries and food markets in the region you're visiting for tasty treats. You can snack on local favorites and experience culinary wonders.
7) Keep a journal. It's a nice way to have memories and share your experience with other people.