New Yorkers are very lucky people for many reasons 1) they have New York City 2) they have Niagara Falls 3) they have the Catskills and the Hudson Valley 4) they have Long Island with the famous Hampton's not to mention Fire Island National Seashore and Montauk 5) they have 6 million acres of unspoiled Adirondack Mountains 6) they have the Thousand Islands 7) they have awesome pizza......and they have The Finger Lakes!
When I first arrived in Ithaca to take a two week course at Cornell University I fell in love with this gorgeous town. In fact you'll see plenty of bumper stickers and t-shirts with the logo "Ithaca is Gorges" because the area is home to gorges. A gorge is a deep narrow passage with a rocky side and it really is gorgeous to look at. Living in this college town is a dream come true because:
1) Cornell University and Ithaca College are here.
2) It's a pedestrian friendly town with great biking too.
3) The restaurants are crowd pleasers like the famous Moosewood.
4) Part of beautiful Cayuga Lake is in Ithaca.
5) The "Ithaca Commons" is a good place to eat and shop.
6) Nearby "Buttermilk Falls State Park" is a hikers and swimmers paradise.
7) The area is surrounded by first rate wineries.
8) The cultural scene is stimulating.
9) The scenery really is G O R G E S (GORGEOUS)
From Ithaca you can circle the entire Finger Lakes region and visit:
Auburn, Canandaigua, Geneva, Hammondsport, Naples, Penn Yen, Seneca Falls, Skaneateles,Waterloo, and Watkins Glens.
Spots to Visit:
William H. Seward House, Auburn
Canandaigua Lake Wineries, Canandaigua
Glenn H, Curtiss Musuem, Hammondsport
Greyton H. Taylor Wine Museum, Hammondsport
Waterloo Premium Outlets Mall, Waterloo
Watkins Glenn State Park, Watkins Glen
Wegman's Supermarket in Auburn, Canandaigua, Geneva, or Ithaca
The eleven lakes of the Finger Lakes all have their own unique characteristics. You can rent a cabin for an entire summer or winter on one of the lakes. Bed and breakfasts dot the region as do campgrounds. If you fall in love with the area there are plenty of realtors who'll gladly sell you a home.
THE ELEVEN FINGER LAKES:
Real Estate in the Finger Lakes:
Belgium , a culinary masterpiece where food is at it's finest in Central Europe. Belgium where the land is fertile and the sea beck...